5 ways to celebrate International Women's Day
International Women's Day is a day to celebrate the women in our lives and the sacrifices women have made for years. It falls on March 8th and, on this day, we commemorate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women all around the world.
Here are 5 ways you can celebrate International Women's Day 2023:
1. Celebrate the women in your life: Take some time to talk to and learn from the women in your life who inspire you. Ask them questions, listen to their stories and tell them how much they mean to you. Give them a call, send them a thoughtful gift or spend some quality time together.
2. Support women-owned businesses: Make a conscious effort on this day to support women-owned businesses, leave a kind review about a recent purchase you made or use the power of social media to help them spread awareness.
3. Educate yourself and others: Read about influential women who's bravery, determination and mettle changed the world forever. Learn about the contributions of women to society and share this knowledge with others. Read books, watch documentaries, listen to podcasts or attend events that highlight the accomplishments of women.
4. Donate to female-focused organisations: Make a contribution to a charity or organisation that supports women's rights.
5. Be kind to yourself: Remember that you are worth celebrating every single day but, on International Women's Day, make sure to put yourself on a pedestal, remind yourself of your accomplishments- big and small, treat yourself with kindness, love and compassion and make a promise to yourself to nurture your mettle.
Happy International Women's Day!